Navigation

Tuesday 14 July 2015

Benefit Cosmetics in South Africa!



Attention ladies and gentleman....Benefit Cosmetics has landed in South Africa...again:)


I personally couldn't be more excited! After spending years watching my favourite YouTubers whipping out their Porefessional's and Hoola's (if you have no idea what I'm talking about, keep reading) and I would so desperately want the products, but couldn't bring myself to do the scary cross the sea shipping that would make that a reality. So when I heard they were coming back, I was over the moon.

The first opening was at the Sandton City counter at Edgars on Saturday the 11th of July. I was going to wait until the Clearwater Counter opened on Monday the 13th of July and go have a little perusal then. However Chicara (you know her, I talk about her often, but if not check her out here) and Benefit Cosmetics devised a sneaky little plan were 5 of her readers would be able to join her on Sunday the 11th for a VIP Benefit Cosmetics morning. So as you do, I went a little cray and got overly excited and entered for the chance to be chosen. I waited for what felt like a million years (it was only two days) when suddenly I received a notification...Chicara had decided that my weird self would be one of the 5 to join her on Sunday. I was beyond excited, nearly peed myself, and "patiently" waited for Sunday to come.

Sunday came and it was magical, I took about a million pictures, met some amazing people and had generally one of my most favourite days this year!
DISCLAIMER: This is going to be a looooong post with tons of pics, so go get a snack and make sure you have a wee, this Benefit train is making no stops...I'll wait for you :)

Ready? Ok let's begin!



To start off the day, we were greeted by the amazingly friendly and welcoming Lauren. Can I just say before we get into this, the Benefit counter is not your normal counter. Firstly, you can spot the stunningly pink gorgeousness from a mile away. Secondly, most of the time when I head to a makeup counter I have a brewing fear in my tummy. If you don't know, I struggle with terrible social anxiety, so speaking to people scares the living daylights out of me, ironic isn't it. So I psyched myself up to approaching the counter and I waited for the judging feeling, you know the one I'm talking about, where you're to scared to ask a question and end up leaving with Mocha coloured foundation because you just wanted to run away. Not here lovelies, not at all! All the Benebabes are so unbelievably friendly. I immediately felt comfortable, as if I was sitting with my mates (who know how to do damn brilliant makeup) and I immediately relaxed.

(colour stick for cheeks and lips)

After hearing the inspiring history behind the Benefit brand, we headed off to take a couple selfies and then the playing began, yes you heard me, we played...with ALL of the products. You can do that there, no jokes, you can try the goodies out without looking like a weirdo. You know what's even better than that, you can have your makeup done! So I plonked my derriere down and left my face in the overly capable hands of Kaylie. She worked her magic on my face and I was beyond impressed, I've tried my best to remember what she used and have listed below for you

❤︎ Triple Performing Facial Emulsion
❤︎ POREfessional Facial Primer (best facial primer ever)
❤︎ Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow
❤︎ The POREfessional: Agent Zero Shine (on my oil slick of a nose)
❤︎ Hello Flawless: Custom Powder Cover-Up
❤︎ Watt's Up! Highlighter
❤︎ Hoola Bronzer (best bronzer ever)
❤︎ They're Real: Pushup Eyeliner in Beyond Purple

I had already done my other eye make up, so we just left that on, here's the final result!

(That's my new friend Falon, I met her at the event!)

See, told you Kaylie's a wizz!


(Blushes, Bronzers and Highlighters)



Not only can you have your makeup done, BUT, you can take a seat at their Brow Bar and experience eyebrow sorcery right before your eyes. Did you know Benefit made it into the Guinness Book of World Records for the most eyebrows waxed in one day, how crazy is that? I would highly recommend getting yo' brows did by a Benebabe, they know their way around your brows!



It's no secret why this brand is amazing, they have brilliant staff and their products actually do what they say. The only minor hiccup I have is the prices don't fit with our "budget buys", however I will say that if you are looking to invest in good products, I would head to the Benefit Counters.

Benefit Cosmetics Counters can be found here:

❤︎July 11: Edgars - Sandton Mall, Johannesburg 
 ❤︎July 13: Edgars - Clearwater Mall, Johannesburg
 ❤︎July 15: Red Square Beauty - Cresta Mall, Johannesburg
 ❤︎July 17: Red Square - Canalwalk Mall, Cape Town
 ❤︎July 18: Edgars - Canalwalk Mall, Cape Town

If you're already familiar with the products you can also purchase them online here!

We also received a pretty goodie bag filled with Benefit products, I'll be doing a post on my first thoughts of these guys!



I just want to thank Chicara and Benefit Cosmetics once again for the amazing morning!

I'd love to know if you head over to the Benefit counter and get to experience the fun and laughter, so let me know!!

Until next time...







6 comments:

  1. Oh wow makeup looks amazing !! AHHHH So want


    CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would have loved to visit the brow bar, my brows need serious attention, so jelly! Don't think we will be betting a Benefit counter nearby soon :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I guess you're gonna have to come to JHB for a visit ;) Then we can go for coffee and on Tinkerbell missions ;)
      xxxx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They're brilliant, I'd highly highly recommend what I had on my face :D
      xxx

      Delete