Navigation

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Softlips Cubes: Review


With Valentines day just around the corner, I thought it’s best we start talking lips. We all have them, some are thin, some big, some small and some not so small. And although there isn't much that we can do about the size of our lips (other than the surgery route), we can control how they feel. No one wants to be walking around with chappy mc-chappertin lips. It’s not pretty and it certainly is painful. So over the next few weeks, we’re going to be going through a little lip service. And first on the agenda, Soft Lips Cubes.

It would appear since dear ol’ EOS (Evolution Of Smooth) launched their spherical balms, the worlds going spherical silly. Sephora have their own in house brand of spherical lip balms that not only smell good, but provide some subtle colour to your lovely lips. And then the other day I stumbled upon these guys…

Softlips Cubes




A friend of mine had posted them on her Instagram and I immediately wanted them. So I hopped online and found The Bikini Club South Africa, click here  This awesome company not only sells some pretty stunning bikinis, but they also sell a bunch of other cute lip goodies, but my eye was on the Softlips Cubes, and I was determined to get what I was coming for. So I made my purchase on the Friday evening and by Tuesday morning they had arrived on my door step.

So lets get down to business.

If you have ever used Soft Lips before you will be familiar with their products. Each of the cubes contain a similar formula to the classic chapstick balms that they sell. They boast a 5-in-1 “lip perfecting” formula that is said to hydrate, replenish, smooth, protect and add shine. In my honest opinion only 3 out of 5 of those actually matter to me. As long as my lips are hydrated and the product can assist with replenishing the delicate lip skin, I am happy. It’s even more of a bonus for me when a product can protect my lips from the harsh South African sun, so hey with an SPF of 15, this product is looking good in my books so far.

It contains a few more interesting ingredients that I am sure many of you beauty lovers out there have become familiar with, Shea Butter, antioxidant, Vitamins A,C & E  and of course the SPF 15. So suffice to say your lips will be protected and feeling silky smooth. 

There are currently three cubes available for purchase


Vanilla Bean




Pomegranate Blueberry




Fresh Mint




Each of the flavours actually tastes and smells of their names, and all have that signature “cooling” feel that we’ve come to love from Softlips. 

These cubes retail for R 100 each on the Bikini Club South Africa. I haven’t been able to find them at another online store, but I’m pretty sure someone else will soon be picking these up. 



I must just say that these are quite a bit smaller than your EOS balms, but if you are a die-hard Softlips lover, that won’t matter much.

If you would like to try out the Soft Lips Cube in Vanilla Bean, keep your eyes on the blog as I will be having a giveaway very soon with one in!

Until next time…



1 comment:

  1. Wow haven't seen these new softlips before... It really looks cute!
    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete