Navigation

Monday 19 January 2015

Hair At Home - Revlon Luxurious Colorsilk Buttercream

So as you can tell from the title of this post, we will be chatting hair today. I am a girl that loves a little DIY, and what better DIY is there than dying your own hair? For many of you, this probably sounds super daunting, but if you're anything like me *cough* controlling perfectionist weirdo *cough* you have a certain look in your mind and anything less than that is unacceptable. I have been through many a hair dresser and many a style, come 23 years old I decided dying and cutting my own hair was something I wanted to try, and I've never turned back.

Along my hair dying crusades I have tried many a brand, some have been good to me, some not so much. But none have stuck out quite like this one...


Revlon Luxurious Colorsilk Buttercream in 10N Black. I found this little gem whilst roaming around on Beauty Bulletin. I had never seen the product before and was a little reluctant to try it. I have nothing against Revlon, but a year ago I strayed from my trusty Garnier colour and tried another product, needless to say I ended up not being able to breathe from the fumes, even when I went outside. I then got really ill and it was basically a nightmare. But I was feeling adventurous one October morning and decided to try this out. And I was so unbelievably happy.

Lets get to the nitty gritty of this bad boy. Unlike the majority of hair colours on the market, this colour doesn't contain any ammonia, none...nothing..nada. And what a freaken pleasure. Now I'm not saying it smells like roses and daisies, but it doesn't have that suffocating scent that makes you feel like you need to get away...but can't.

Revlon's Luxurious Colorsilk Buttercream boasts 3 of natures beauty butter helpers, mango, shea and coconut. Mango to nourish, Shea to hydrate and Coconut to condition, and this product definitely walks the walk and talks the talk. After colouring my hair I popped on some of the brilliant 3 buttercream conditioner and let it get to work. Once out of the shower I let my hair air dry, I was so happy with how soft and shiny my hair looked. Not to mention the deep rich colour!

In this one little miracle box you get the following...


Your developer, colour and the holy grail of conditioners!

For me, the true test of a colour is how it fades with time, you heard me, I want to see if fade. The dear RLCB doesn't fade, well not to my eye any way. The colour is as rich on week 7 as it is on day 1.



The only little thing that isn't so peachy for me is that this colour stains, and bad. So make 110% certain that you have all the colour where it's supposed to be!

The current retail for a box of this dynamite is just R 99, however Clicks sometimes has specials on the range and I picked mine up for R 79. With 22 different shades to choose from, they have you covered :)

If you try these out, I'd love to know! So pop me a comment and lets chat about hair!

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment