Navigation

Sunday 5 October 2014

Day 5 - In My Makeup Bag

So when I saw that this was one of the themes for the Super Gorgeous Blog challenge, I got really excited! Not because I wanted to show what was in my makeup bag, but because I wanted to see what was in everyone elses! I love seeing what other people use, how they use it, which products others would recommend and all that other lovely stuff. I love getting a sneak peek into other people's lives, im nosy like that. So if you are anything like me, I hope my post helps satisfy that need to you :)

The contents of my makeup bag

First up, I have a pack of tissues that I purchased from Typo. These are awesome as the proceeds go to the Cotton On Foundation to empower youth. I love the packaging and keep them handy incase of a makeup emergency.


Next we have Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable. I absolutely love this chubby lipbalm stain. It's perfect for all day wear and has easy touch up application. I have 015 Cherish Devotion.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable - 015 Cherish Devotion

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable - 015 Cherish Devotion


A little swatch of the colour for you.

Next to that is my all-time-favourite-go-to-lippy LipIce in Cooling Mint. I am a huge fan of the LipIce brand as I struggle to wear any lip products that aren't petrolium jelly based. For some strange reason products not containing petrolium jelly make my lips peel. So this little guy is a definate must have for me.

LipIce - Cooling Mint

As you can tell, Essence is quite a favourite for me. I absolutely adore their products, and the fact that they are so affordable is an added bonus. First up on the Essence train is the Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara. I have ridiculously rebelious eyebrows and this gel mascara is a must to keep them in line throughout the day. I also tint my own eyelashes, so I don't feel the need wear mascara every day. I run the gel mascara through my lashes just after curling them for a little added moisture and to hold the curl throughout the day.

Essence Brow and Eyelash Gel Mascara


As the day progresses our makeup tends to decide it's time for it to stop doing it's job and go on hoiday. Now this is when a tiny concealer comes in handy, and once again, Essence is here to save the day. This little cream concealer pot has saved my life on more than one occasion, and with two different shades, it packs a powerful punch. If you are looking for a concealer sidekick, I would definately recommend Essence Match 2 Cover!


Essence - Match 2 Cover! Cream Concealer

Essence - Match To Cover! Cream Concealer

Lastly on the Essence train is the Essence - Sun Club Oil Control Paper, these little gifts from the makeup gods have come in handy on many a hot day. I have been cursed with combination oily skin, so my cheeks are fine, my eyelids superb, but the rest of my face is like an oil slick of note. These are perfect for a quick touch up on the road, you whip one out, dab it over the oily patches and you are good to go!


Essence - Sun Club Oil Control Paper
Essence - Sun Club Oil Control Paper

For as long as I can remember I have wanted fuller lips, but I'm too chicken to even contemplate injecting something into my lips. So I have tried every lip plumper product on the market and this is up there an my awesome list. It's the Dirty Works - Rumpy Plumpy Lip Plumper (how cute is that name). Not only does it give you a little fullness once applied but it has an awesome chocolate orange smell, I did a taste test, let's just say I won't recommend eating it. I love to put this on underneath whatever lip colour I am wearing that day.

Dirty Works - Rumpy Plumpy Lip Plumper

Dirty Works - Rumpy Plumpy Lip Plumper

Eyes are the windows to the soul, so it's only fitting that they are lined with an epic eyeliner. I found this bad boy on sale at Dischem a few weeks back. I am currently in the process of still testing it out, I will have a longer blog post on it later in the month. It is the Maybelline - The Colossal Kajal in black.

Maybelline - The Colossal Kajal in black

The second last beauty product in my daily arsenal is Palladio - Rice Powder in the shade Natural. You are probably thinking, what the heck is she doing carrying around Rice Powder, well ladies, this little pot of gold is the answer to any girls oily skin problems. I found this little gem at china city a few years back and was intrigued as to what it did. In simple terms, it's a mattifying powder with a hint of colour. It has a subtle perfumed scent and goes on velvety and clean. The formular doesn't leave clumps and weird patches and the wear is over 5 hours. I love this little product for daily use.

Palladio - Rice Powder in Natural

Palladio - Rice Powder in Natural


Lastly is my best friend, the one item I will carry with me to the grave. It is the Garnier  - Roll On for eyes. This tube of greatness has taken me from baggy eyed witch troll, to bright eyed and bushy tailed in a roll of the tube. It contains a variety of different ingredients that work in a harmonious synergy to make your eye bags look as if you have slept on a cloud.


Garnier - Roll On

So there you have it, all of my daily soldiers working together on my face to make me look human for the day! I'd like to just thank my awesome mom who bought me the Union Jack makeup bag. All of there products (other than the Typo Tissues and the Palladio Rice Powder, were all purchased from Clicks)
I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Until next time...

LL

No comments:

Post a Comment