Navigation

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Day 21 - Trying For The First Time

This month I have had quite a few new products that I have been trying for the first time, this one is one I wanted to feature front and center. Reason being is that I have never actually bothered to try a primer, yes I know, shock and horror! So when I bought this little guy I was very eager to see how it pans out. Let me introduce to you Catrice Cosmetic's Prime and Fine Pore Refining Anti-Shine Base.

Catrice Prime and Fine - Pore Refining Anti-Shine Base

As a primer noob, I can only give you my opinion on how it changed the game of my daily makeup wear. To say I am impressed would be an understatement. I spend the majority of my day either behind my desk or in my car, my afternoons are spent mainly in the car. I don't enjoy wearing heavy makeup daily, a BB cream, some powder, mascara and eyeliner and I'm good. Usually by the end of the day my make up has flown off my face along with my patience for Joburg traffic. But by the time I had gotten home this evening (8pm) my "face" was still intact, which was pretty awesome if I do say so myself. 

Now onto the pore refining part, if they would allow me to, I could probably house kittens in each of my pores and keep them safe during the cold seasons. In other words my pores are HUGE! With this little guy I noticed a slight reduction in visibility. 

My most favourite part of this experience was the mattifying anti-shine sourcery that was happening on my face. With my large pores comes oily skin, so by the end of a long day I'm like a regular oil slick, come to think of it my makeup probably tries to hold on for dear life but doesn't really stand a chance. So I was overjoyed when my oily shiney face was put on hold for the day.

At only R69, this is definitely something I will purchase more often (sorry kittens)

Until tomorrow...

LL

No comments:

Post a Comment