Navigation

Wednesday 27 May 2015

{Review} LA Girl Pro Primer

Primer, you've probably heard the word being thrown around here or there. If not in the beauty context, you would've definitely heard it if you've ever done some DIY. No, I'm not saying head down to the local hardware and pick up some Jimmy-Do-Everything Primer and slop it on your face, but I am going to show you one of my new favourite little beauty tools...


Now if you are familiar with face primers, you are probably wondering how this stick is going to


prime your entire face...it's not...but it is going to prime your pretty little eyes, and very well if I may add.

So lets just talk for a minute about why in the world primers have been invented for your face. Primers for your face work in the same way as you would use a primer for panting something, it's a base coat, a coat that prepares a surface for another layer of substance. The primer base fills in any cracks or lines, covers minor imperfections creating a smooth canvas for you to apply your "paint", in this case we're talking eyeshadow. Primers are amazing, not only creating a smooth working surface but they allow for your product to adhere to the skin for longer, none of this half eyeshadow at 3pm business.

So now that we've had a brief primer basics chat, lets talk about this specific one. LA Girl has been banging out quite a few hits lately, and I feel this one needs to be added. Their HD eyeshadow primers come in two shades, 196 Nude and 195 White. I personally haven't tried to nude one (yet) but if it's anything like the white one, I'd totally recommend it. Why the two different shades you may ask, well if you want a more subtle look from your eyeshadow you'd go with the nude colour, imitating your natural skin tone. If you're like me however and you want to be more on the dramatic side, you'd choose the white one.

Each has a small rounded tip for better application control, the formular isn't liquid, it has a more of a "baked" feel to it. The main unit of the primer turns, allowing for additional product to appear, like those twisty crayons from school. You get a good 3.5cm of product from this bad boy (yes I measured it for you guys)


So you've learnt what they do, you've seen what it looks like....let's get to the testing shall we.

I applied the primer on only one of my lids and left the other bare


I then applied a very pale pink shade, the reason I chose that was so you could see the colour payoff when a primer is used as a base and not just your foundation...


I then started my day, I attended meetings, taught students, sat in traffic, bought groceries and even went to dinner, with my weird eyeshadow look, my boyfriend thought it was hilarious, but I needed to prove a point. So after my long busy day, I took another picture for you to see just how much difference a primer can make. I haven't edited these images in any way (other than airbrushing my giant pores because no one wants to see that). I also didn't use a setting spray for the day, as I wanted to put this primer through it's paces.

Here is what my eyeshadow looked like after a full day's wear...


As you can see (other than my lovely oily T-zone) the eyelid that had the primer on, the shadow has lasted all day, no touch ups, nothing. The other side, not so much! The primer really does make a huge difference.

Now your probably thinking "Ok we get it, primers make a difference, but I can't afford to pay for an expensive primer that I have to use everyday" and my reponse to you would be "Guuurl, how well do you know me, do I look like imma spend alotta money on a everyday primer"...the answer to that my dear friends, is no, I'm not spending a fortune on a everyday primer, I'm spending R 49.95 at my local Dischem and they even allow me to shop online...you're welcome world!

You deserve to have stunning eyeshadow all day long, so go get that stunningness!

Until next time...

 


2 comments:

  1. Okay so definitely need this Primer in my life!!! At which Dischem did you go seems like Canal walk never has all the good stuff

    CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from a Dischem here in Joburg, I think the best option would be to order online cooks, you'll definitely get it then :)

      Delete