Navigation

Tuesday 13 October 2015

September Favourites



Another month has come and gone, another month has started, another month for me to get my favourites post up in the middle of the new month ;)



September marked the beginning of Spring here in the Southern Hemisphere, and to be honest we skipped Spring and went straight into Summer...like head first nose dive.

September was also the month that I made my debut as bridesmaid for my friend Sasha's wedding, so my favourites for September revolved around what made my life easier during wedding time.

First up would be one of the best self tanners I have used in a while, The Tan Lab. I wrote full review if you would like a more in-depth view of this product. But to put it simply, this product is my new go to tanner. I purchased the tone in Fair,  giving me a honey golden tan that didn't steak or leave me smelling like a Geordie Shore cast member. The product applies evenly without streaking and lasts up to 10 days. Winning in my eyes!



I was on the hunt for a full coverage foundation that wouldn't cause my skin to break out. We were having our make up professionally done, and my skin unfortunately doesn't agree with MAC foundations, so I had to try something else. I took to Twitter and a lot of my fellow bloggers recommended Coverderm as the best option for my skin. I purchased mine from Dischem and was extremely happy with the results. The hypoallergenic formula didn't cause any breakouts and provided a full even coverage.
Tip: Make sure to buff in the foundation well, due to it containing bees wax (don't use if you are allergic to bees) it has a yellow tinge to it, but that does fade once the foundation has warmed to the skin.

I've recently just had eyelash extensions done (thanks Falon!), but before I had these, I wanted to give my lashes a little more oomph on the wedding day. When I picked up my Coverderm I found these stunning lashes from Eyelure. I purchased a set from Katy Perry's collection, these are the Banging Beauty ones. Oh my word they are stunning, so full natural and fluffy, they wear comfortably and aren't heavy on the eyes. They come with a little tube of adhesive that actually works fairly well.



And my final fave this month actually has nothing to do with the wedding, it's just something I've found myself reaching for almost every day, and that would be the LA Girl Pinky Blush Brick. I first featured this gem in a make up tutorial for Spring, and ever since the I've been struggling to put it down. The shades aren't highly pigmented, so I find them great as an everyday contour kit. They wear brilliantly throughout the day, leaving you with a healthy glow.

I'd love to know what you've been reaching for this month, so let me know!

Until next time...















6 comments:

  1. I love the LA Girl blush palette I got the one in GLAM! You might be experiencing Summer already but not here in Cape Town we are still stuck in Winter lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're absolutely amazing, loving them! Has the weather graced you with some sunshine yet?

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Great choices! Love the LA Girl blushes <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fast becoming a super fave of mine! I love how they're all conveniently stored in one little brick! You know Im all about that convenient life ;)

      xxx

      Delete