Navigation

Monday 22 September 2014

Spring Selection! Essie - Mint Candy Apple!

Spring has sprung here is sunny South Africa, and I couldn't be happier. Aside from battling with my ridiculously inconvenient allergies, I have been ear deep in searching for my favourite spring shades. After having my little phalange tips covered under dark shades for the duration of winter, whipping out my favourite spring polishes brings me so much joy I could pee!

Over the next two months, I will be featuring my pick of the best spring time shades to rock on your pretty little fingers.

My first, and possibly favourite, is Essie’s Mint Candy Apple. I remember when I first discovered this gem, it was like they had bottled happiness and allowed us mere mortals to splay it on our finger tips. 


The colour, a blue-green creme, is perfect to pair with a pretty spring dress. With many pastel shades, the formula is usually sheer and you may need a white base coat before you paint the actual colour. However, with Mint Candy Apple, the formula is perfect for use on its own. The wear with Essie polishes, in my opinion, is between 3-5 days before I see a chip. Bear in mind my nails are medium length, but, I do play guitar which could lead to sooner chipping than normal. 


I tend to find pastel colours don't often work well with my pale skin tone, I tend to gravitate towards the more neon hues during the warmer months. With Mint Candy Apple, I feel you could have the skin tone of a vampire and you would still be able to pull of this shade. 


If you are looking at investing in the perfect spring and summer polish, I would highly recommend this shade. The best thing about Essie is that you can find their products and most beauty salons, Dischems and they are now available at Clicks stores, so no excuses :) Bear in mind, Essie is an investment polish, they retail for R 99, but I personally feel that its worth the investment for beautiful nails.

My next Spring Selection will feature next Monday!

Have a fantastic Monday!

LL

No comments:

Post a Comment